Ask Ty logo

Best Response

How do I file a financial aid appeal?

How do I file an appeal?

Financial Aid Appeals:
If you have been disqualified for future financial aid because you did not meet SAP requirements, you will need to file a "Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal" form with an explanation and appropriate documentation of your reason. If the reason is medical or mental health oriented, you will need documentation explaining how your ability to go to school was affected AND a release to return to school form from your health care provider. 

Even if you have had a change to your grades for the term or if you have since completed credits on your own, you will still need to file this form to let the Financial Aid Team know to update your status to eligible. You can submit your appeal in the Drop Box in the Lobby of Building 1, by fax (the number is on the appeal form), or in person at Enrollment and Student Financial Services in Building 1. 

To find the "Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal" form, go to myLane on the "myFinances" tab, where you will find a link to Financial Aid Forms.

Other types of Appeals:

Refund Request for Charges for a Class--
If you have a reason beyond your control, such as medical, mental health, or family emergency, that you must withdraw from a course after the refund deadline, you may file a "Refund Request" form.

Academic Appeals--At times, there may be a need for you to appeal your academic status with the college, petition for a change to a grade option after the term has ended, etc. You may appeal to the Academic Requirements Review Committee for serious requests only. The necessary form is available on the "Enrollment Services / Forms" page.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Still need help? E-mail us at the link below. E-mails are usually answered within 2-3 business days.
powered by IntelliResponse