Ask Ty logo

Best Response

What is Pass/No Pass and how does it affect me?

What is Pass/No Pass and how does it affect me?

Pass/No Pass is a grading option available to you for many courses. When taking a course at Pass/No Pass, credits can still be earned, but that course will not be counted toward your GPA. Pass/No Pass grading breaks down as follows:

  • If you earn an A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, or C- a "P" (Pass) will be recorded.
  • If you earn a D+, D, D-, or F, an "NP" (No Pass) will be recorded.
  • If you earn an A+ or A in a Pass/No Pass course, an A+ or A will be recorded, and will count toward your GPA.

Changing a course to Pass/No Pass:

Log into myLane and select the "myEnrollment" tab. In this tab, locate the "Registration Tools" box and click on the "Change Class Options" link.

Choose which term you would like to change and press the "Submit" button. This will take you to a list of all available classes for the term. Find the course you wish to change and under the "Grade Mode" line, click on the pull down box and choose "Pass/No Pass." Be sure to press the "Submit Changes" box at the bottom of the screen to save any changes you have made.

Important! If you receive Financial Aid, P/NP is counted in your Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). A "P" is counted as completed credits, while an "NP" is counted as "Attempted" but not completed credits. This also counts if you are on a Credit Limit and must complete all credits you attempt.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Still need help? E-mail us at the link below. E-mails are usually answered within 2-3 business days.
powered by IntelliResponse