What is TRiO?
The TRiO Learning Center
What is TRiO? The TRiO Learning Center helps you succeed by providing advice, support, encouragement, and tutoring. There are many issues that can create challenges in college and TRiO is here to help.
What services can TRiO provide? Just some of the areas TRiO can help you in are:
- Tutoring (emphasis in math, science, writing, and computers)
- Academic advising
- Personal and career counseling
- Cultural enrichment
- Study groups
- And many more!
Who can receive services from TRiO? To be eligible to receive services from TRiO you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled and seeking either a two-year degree at Lane or to transfer to a four-year college or university
- Intend to achieve you degree or transfer within three years of enrolling at Lane, unless there are special circumstances
- Be a United States citizen or a permanent resident
Meet at least one of the following:
- Neither parent received a four-year degree
- Qualify for financial aid or meet financial need guidelines
- Have a documented disability and qualify for services through the Disability Services office
To get more information about TRiO or if you have any questions, contact us by visiting the TRiO Home Page, stopping by TRiO in Building 1, Room 219 or calling us at (541) 463-3131.