Ask Ty logo

Best Response

Can I transfer my financial aid to or from another school?

Transferring Financial Aid

If you already have financial aid awarded at another college or university for an academic year and would like to transfer to Lane Community College during that same year, you will need to make a correction to your FAFSA to add Lane as a recipient. 

Once Lane receives your FAFSA, you will then need to go through the complete award process at Lane, as financial aid awards cannot be directly transferred from one college to another. This is because each college or university may have differing cost of attendance budgets, and slightly different approaches to how awarding is done. Also, Lane will have to verify any amounts that may have been paid at the other institution, to avoid possible overpayment of funds.


Are you satisfied with your answer?

Still need help? E-mail us at the link below. E-mails are usually answered within 2-3 business days.
powered by IntelliResponse