What is the Senior Companion Program?The Senior Companion Program
The Senior Companion Program provides frail seniors and disabled adults with companions to help them overcome loneliness and retain their independence through 1:1 visits. Companions will receive a tax-free hourly stipend of $2.65/hour. Training is also provided for companions. All who are interested are invited to call for more information.
The Senior Companion Program is sponsored nationally by the federal Corporation for National & Community Service and locally by Lane Community College.
- Make a difference in people's lives
- Are men and women age 55+
- Volunteer 15-20 hours weekly
- Meet low income guidelines
- Receive extensive training and support
- Receive an hourly tax-exempt stipend
- Receive some reimbursement for meals and mileage
- Must pass a criminal background check
To be a client, contact Senior & Disabled Services at 541-682-4038