What is Lane's Honors Program?
What is the Lane Community College Honors Program?
The Honors Program is designed to offer you a challenging and transformative learning experience that helps enrich your experience as a student and get the most you can out of your time here at Lane. Honors courses and honors options are available in a variety of disciplines. Classes emphasize academic rigor, scholarly inquiry, creativity and independent thinking.
Why would I want to take the Honors Program?
- collaborative learning with other engaged students
- faculty mentorship
- small classes that encourage discussion and debate
- guest speakers and honors events
- honors transcript recognition
- competitive edge for university transfer
Can I take an honors course?
Any Lane Community College student can enroll in an honors course or request the honors option for courses designated as honors option classes. Admission into the Lane Community College Honors Program, however, requires a formal application