Ask Ty logo

Best Response

Academic Advising and Counseling?

Academic Advising and Counseling

New Students:

All new students must participate in New Student Academic Advising when pursuing any degree or program.

The “First Time in College” academic advising page has links to sign up for your appointment time. If you are a prior college student, your academic advising is done through a walk-in appointment. Be sure and bring a copy of your transcript from your prior college (this can be official or unofficial).

Current Students

It is recommended that ongoing / current students seek academic advising when your degree / program is switched, or annually to review your progress or just check in.

Lanes Counseling Department, located in Building 1, offers several academic advising services. Some of these services let you:

  • Obtain up-to-date information about requirements for Lane programs and degrees
  • Learn what classes to take
  • Plan course schedules to meet personal needs as well as program requirements
  • Solve scheduling difficulties and problems
  • Identify ways to do well in class and feel satisfied about school
  • Learn about Lane services and programs
  • Identify college procedures

Every student has an assigned counselor or advisor. To determine which counselor or advisor is assigned to a particular major or for more information, visit the Academic Advising Website or stop by the Counseling Department in Building 1.

Are you satisfied with your answer?

Still need help? E-mail us at the link below. E-mails are usually answered within 2-3 business days.
powered by IntelliResponse