How do I apply for financial aid?
Applying for Financial Aid
Applying for Financial Aid is as easy!
- Make sure you are admitted as a credit student at Lane Community College. When you apply to Lane, be sure you give your Social Security Number, as we need to make a match with your FAFSA.
- Complete a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at the Federal Department of Education's FAFSA website.
NOTE: The last question on the FAFSA is to select the college you want to send it to. Lane's college ID code is 003196.
Completing your FAFSA is only the first step! It can take about a week for Lane to receive your FAFSA, (We MUST have your Social Security Number on file at Lane!) and when we do, we will mail you a letter telling you if there are any other requirements that you must do at Lane before we can complete your award package. This information will also be in your online myLane account on the "myFinances" tab under "Student Requirements".
You do not have financial aid until you have an Award Letter from Lane! Please keep in mind that it can take 2-8 weeks AFTER you have submitted all documentation for Lane's financial aid team to review it. This can lead to delays in paying your financial aid. We strongly recommend that if you need financial aid in order to attend, you make sure you have your award letter before the beginning of the term.
- What types of financial aid do you have available?
- How do I check the status of my financial aid application?
- When is the financial aid application deadline?
- What grants are available?
- What loans are available?
- When will I find out how much financial aid award I'll get?
- How / when can I get my financial aid money?
- Can you tell me about myLane?