Ask Ty logo

Best Response

What types of financial aid do you have available?

Types of Financial Aid

The term "Financial Aid" refers to the grants and loans you apply for through your FAFSA, with the Department of Education.  These are:

  • Pell Grants
  • Stafford Loans (Subsidized and Unsubsidized)
  • Parents PLUS Loans
  • Academic Competitiveness Grants
  • Federal Work Study*
  • Perkins Loans*
  • Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant* 
  • Oregon Promise Grant**


*Only for early applicants

**Oregon Promise Grant is new as of 2016-17. There is an application on the OSAC website, and you must also complete the FAFSA.

At Lane, when you submit your FAFSA, you are also being considered for the Oregon Opportunity Grant from the Oregon Student Assistance Commission.

Other types of assistance with college aren't called "financial aid" but they are ways to help you pay for college.  Some of the ones that some Lane students are eligible for are:



Are you satisfied with your answer?

Still need help? E-mail us at the link below. E-mails are usually answered within 2-3 business days.
powered by IntelliResponse