How do I get a copy of my transcript?
Lane's Student Records Department processes transcript requests most business days, so usually, your transcript will go out within 1-3 business days after you order it, whether you choose an electronic transcript or a mailed paper transcript. Official transcripts are $5/copy if ordered through myLane. You may also come in person to Enrollment Services on the main campus for a transcript. (Hours for main campus service are 9 am- 12 pm M,T,W,F, and 10:30 am- 12pm Th) Transcripts are $10 in person, by cash or check only, and we require photo ID.
You can easily request your official transcripts through myLane! In myLane, click on the "myEnrollment" tab and locate the "Student Records" box, then click on the "Request Official Transcripts" link.
The form is in 3 parts:
- Select where you want it sent. Choose one option only! Either the "External College Code", or one of your myLane addresses, or the text box that says "Issue To:" where you fill in the name of where you are sending it. When you continue to the next page, you will be able to view or fill in the address.
- Select the type of transcript and fill in the rest of the address if necessary.
- Select how many and the delivery method. Important!!! You must select one of the two options available, or the order will not continue to the payment method and will not go through.
National Student Clearinghouse:
Lane updates records regularly with the National Student Clearinghouse, (www.studentclearinghouse.org) a national secure database of enrollment records and verifications. You may order a transcript there as well for $7.25 per copy. If your last attendance was prior to 2009, myLane may not allow you to log in. If that is the case, the best way to order your transcript is through the Clearinghouse.
If you attended prior to the late 1980s, your records are most likely archived, and are not available online.
To request a transcript in this case, or if you do not have online access for some other reason, you may fill out our paper transcript request form and send that with $5 per copy of official transcript ordered to Lane's Student Records Department. It is NOT necessary to know your L number or put it on this form if you do not have it. Older records were not archived according to L number, but used Social Security Numbers and birth dates.
- When will I receive my degree / diploma?
- Can I transfer my financial aid to or from another school?
- How do I apply for graduation?
- What programs are offered through continuing education?
- Can I transfer from Lane to a university?
- How do I interpret my transcript?
- Can you tell me about myLane?
- Can I volunteer?